Started from scratch, built to grow.
The trade was learned from Daniels' "Watchmaking", from the classic treatises on escapements and trains, and at the lathe, where a part is repeated until it matches the drawing. That beginning set the standard. Today the founder is building something larger: a workshop that develops movements, makes components and services fine watches, with room for people to grow with it.
The name is the place: Klausen, from Klausenburg, the old German name of Cluj-Napoca. In 1373, the masters Martin and George signed the bronze Saint George of Prague Castle "de Clussenberch": of Klausenburg. They put their city's name on their finest work. This workshop does the same.
